Additional resources at Kew
If you find this site useful you may wish to consult related information resources that are available from Kew via the internet.
- IPNI The International Plant Names Index is a database of the published scientific names and bibliographic references of all seed plants, ferns and fern allies. The site includes details of 1.5 million names, 15,000 scientific journals and 37,000 authors of plant names including standards for abbreviation. The site will allow you to discover whether a plant name has been validly published and how it should be spelt.
- Vascular Plant Families and Genera This site presents updated versions of the data published as Vascular Plant Families and Genera compiled by R. K. Brummitt and published by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in 1992. The site will allow you to discover in which family a particular genus belongs and whether it has any synonyms.
- World checklist of selected families contains an authoritative checklist for 150 plant families (c. 40% of the worlds entire flora). It will enable you to answer questions such as What is the correct name for this plant? How many plants are in this genus? Are these two names synonyms of one another ? What are all the synonyms for this plant?
- Other data resources These pages list our online databases, publications, bibliographies and other scientific information resources about plants and fungi.
- ePIC A resource discovery engine giving access to multiple data sources via a single search.ePIC brings together all of Kew's digitised information about plants.